MadeForMums Top Testers Club: come and join us!
Fancy being a product tester? Want to share your feedback to help other parents? Then come and join our Top Testers Club and try free baby stuff, toys and other parenting products. Here's what you need to know…
At MadeForMums, we test thousands of parenting products and toys all year round, so that we can pinpoint which are the absolute best ones to include in our product recommendations and reviews. And we couldn't do this without the members of our MadeForMums Top Testers Club, who rate and review products for us and also recommend to us other products they love. If you'd like to apply to be in our Top Testers Club, read on...
What is the MadeForMums Top Testers Club?
The MadeForMums Top Testers Club is our very special community of parents and parents-to-be who love the products that make parenting and pregnancy easier, who like getting their hands on free products for pregnancy, babies and children, and who enjoy sharing reviews and tips about the products they've tried and tested to help other parents who aren't sure which ones to buy.
Top Testers Club currently sits on Facebook, as a Facebook Group. It's a community with a lovely, supportive atmosphere and their ideas and feedback really shape what we do at MadeForMums.
What will I get as a member of the MadeForMums Top Testers Club?
Each and every one of our members gets access to regular opportunities to:
- Test all manner of pregnancy, parenting and family products from toys and school uniform to cot mobiles, nappies – and even pet food!
- Be one of our parent judges for our annual MadeForMums Toy Awards and MadeForMums Awards (members of Top Testers get priority when we select our judges).
- Win amazing freebies! We have weekly giveaways and, so far, we've given away buggies, car seats, baby monitors, baby carriers and toys galore!
- Recommend products you love and ask other members for advice and tips on the products they love
- Apply to feature in video campaigns that run on MadeForMums or other brands that are part of our parent company Immediate Media. Top Testers and their families have already been chosen to star in campaigns for Disney, LEGO and Silver Cross.
- Help other parents make more confident choices and help shape and influence what we do at MadeForMums.
How do I apply to join the Top Testers Club?
To be eligible to apply to join the MadeForMums Top Testers Club, you need to be pregnant and/or have a child aged 0 to 15 years.
Then you'll need to complete all 3 of the following steps to make your application to join. Please note: we can't accept an application unless you have completed all 3 steps.
- Step 1. Please sign up to MadeForMums, if you aren't already a registered member. The form takes less than 2 minutes to complete.
- Step 2. Complete this survey, which tells us all about you and your family. It's quite long, so give yourself a good 15 minutes – but it's worth doing carefully as we use this information to match the right products with the right families. It's especially important that you answer all the sections of the MadeForMums Top Testers Club Agreement at the end of the survey; if you leave any of those blank, we will not be able to process your application.
- Step 3. Request to join the MadeForMums Top Testers Club on Facebook. You’ll be asked at this point to confirm that you’ve registered with MadeForMums and completed the survey, and also to tell us your email address. You'll also be asked to agree to the group rules; we can’t admit you to the Club until you agree.
Got questions? Here are the answers to the ones we're most frequently asked. If you can't see the answer to your question here, you can drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we promise to come back to you as quickly as we can.
- Why do I have to complete a survey to join? We run our product tests in different ways: sometimes we offer up a product and ask who'd like to test it; other times we have a product that's made for a specific stage of pregnancy or parenting or for a specific age of child and we need a tester who best matches those specifics. That's when we'll use the info you share with us to contact some Top Testers directly.
- I’ve applied but my request hasn’t been approved yet. What's happening? It can take a few days to process member requests, so please bear with us. Much longer delays – or even application refusal – can happen if you haven't fully completed the survey and followed all 3 steps of our application process (see How do I apply to join the MadeForMums Top Testers Club, above). If we notice you've not fully completed the survey or missed an application step, we'll do our best to let you know by dropping you an email or message on Facebook, so do keep an eye on your inboxes. If you haven’t heard from us and your application hasn't been approved after 2 weeks, drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll come back to you.
- How do you select people to test products? We pick our testers a variety of ways. Most commonly, we'll create a post in the Facebook group, asking who's interested in testing a certain product. If you fit the criteria for testing (you're at the right stage of pregnancy, for example, or you have a child the right age) and you're interested in taking part in the test, you simply add a comment to the post – and then we'll select the testers from everyone who's signed up.
- If I'm chosen to test a product, what do I have to do exactly? If you’re selected as a tester, we’ll send you a product out to test, and you’ll need to provide written feedback and pictures of the product in use, by the given deadline.
- Can I keep the product after testing? Yes you can! As long as you provide the feedback and pictures we've asked for before the feedback deadline, the product we send you is yours to keep.
- I’m not on Facebook: can I still join? We're afraid not as, currently, Top Testers Club is only on Facebook.
- What do you do with the data from the survey I've completed? Your data is stored securely by our publisher, Immediate Media Company Limited. Your data will only ever be accessed by MadeForMums, unless we have informed you otherwise.
- What would you using my data for? We'll look at your data when we need to determine who is eligible to take part in a test and to let you know if you're selected. We'll also use your data to run our product testing, including to send out a product for testing (or a prize) and to contact you if we need to discuss the product, its despatch or your feedback. If you enter one of our prize draws, we'll use your data to run the draw and deliver the prize to the winner.
- How can I have my data deleted? Simply send an email requesting this to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll action this for you. It will mean, of course, that you can no longer be a member of the MadeForMums Top Testers Club.
- Can you tell me more about the opportunities to be involved in ad campaigns? We regularly post in the Top Testers Club about opportunities to feature in video campaigns that will run on MadeForMums and across other websites owned by our parent company Immediate Media. So far, Top Testers Club members have appeared in videos for Winalot, LEGO, Kerrygold, Silver Cross and Disney. Generally, if you’re chosen to feature in a campaign, you'll receive a gift voucher or products – sometimes both – for taking part.
- Can I join the Top Testers Club if I’m not a mum? Absolutely! As long as you are a parent to a child under 15 years old and you have an interest in parenting products or toys, you would be most welcome.
- How do I get in touch with the Top Testers Club? You can always reach us by email at email@example.com
Still got a question? Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we promise to come back to you.
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.