75g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 vanilla pod
4tbsp apple juice or water
1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
1. Put the apricots and apple into a heavy-based saucepan together with the apple juice or water.
2. Scrape the vanilla pod seeds into the pan and throw in the split pod.
3. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the chopped pear and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the split vanilla pod and purée in a blender.