Baked egg with cheese, tomato and ham
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 1
- 2 wafer-thin ham (1 rasher cooked back bacon), finely chopped
- ½ Whole leek, finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 25g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Cherry tomato, sliced
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A Knob of butter or a splash of oil
- STEP 1
Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- STEP 2
Cook leek in a little oil or butter in a saucepan or microwave until soft.
- STEP 3
Place in the bottom of a ramekin dish, add the ham or bacon and then crack an egg on the top.
- STEP 4
Sprinkle with a little black pepper, top with cheese, then arrange tomato slices on top.
- STEP 5
Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, and serve once the ramekin has cooled down.
- STEP 6
Increase quantities for a great breakfast/lunch for the whole family!