Fun, brain-boosting activities to do at home with your baby
Going lockdown loopy stuck at home all day with your baby? Here are some great games, toys and books to keep your child happy and stimulated
It's no walk in the park (pun intended!) being cooped up all day at home with your baby. What you need is a range of brain-boosting activities to do with your child to keep them engaged and entertained. Allow us to introduce to to just that...
Here are some great ideas for home-based learning games, books and toys for your baby:
Games to play
While baby activity classes and groups are closed, you may be feeling all out of inspiration for ways to keep your baby entertained and amused (we know we are!). Hurray then for these great ideas for indoor games and activities with babies that feature everything from peek-a-boo animals to home-made sensory tunnels...
- How to do tummy-time activities with your baby
- 15 games to play with your 0 to 6-month-old
- 15 baby games to play with your 6 to 12-month-old
- 8 tried-and-tested baby games
- Best apps for baby games, nursery rhymes and stories
It's a lovely habit to cultivate: cuddling up together once (or more) a day to look and point at picture books together. Touch-feely books or, for older babies, lift-the-flap books are always a great hit. But what your baby will love most is the combo of something bright and colourful to look at (and grab) with the warmth of your body and the sound of your voice. Here are a few of our most-loved book recommendations for babies...
- Best books for 0 to 1-year-olds
- Best books for 1-year-olds
- Best books for babies
- 30 great books for babies, toddlers and preschoolers
Great baby toys don't try to do too much. They're simple and stimulating and keep your child learning as they play. We've tested and reviewed hundreds of toys in the past few years, picking out the very best to recommend in the dozens of toy articles we publish and regularly update. Take a look at the toys we really rate for babies...
More like this
- Best tummy-time toys
- Best baby activity mats
- Best baby activity centres and jumpers
- Best toys for 1 year olds
- Best toys for 0 to 6-month-olds
- Best toys for 6 to 12-month-olds
- Best ride on toys for toddlers