- 100g (3½ oz) white basmati rice – washed, drained
- 350ml (12fl oz) hot vegetable stock – baby friendly
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 saffron strands
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2oz) red bell pepper – washed, deseeded, finely diced
- 50g (2oz) courgette/ zucchini – washed, finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried mixed herbs
- The bright sun-yellow rice acquires its colour from the SuperSpice turmeric, used as a natural colouring agent for generations.
- Turmeric, in addition to being a cold and flu prevention remedy is a source of iron and manganese.
- Iron is vital for transporting oxygen around the body, and the antioxidant mineral manganese is necessary for normal brain and nervous system function.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Like this? Try these:
Recipe from award-winning Easy Indian SuperMeals for Babies, Toddlers and the Family by Zainab Jagot Ahmed, available to buy now from Amazon UK (RRP £14.99). Also, shortlisted for the Prima Baby Awards 2015 – Best Family Cookery Book.