Meat-free spaghetti bolognese
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 100g Carrot, grated
- 1 Orange pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 75g Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 500g Tomato passata
- 225g Soya mince (frozen)
- 1 Very low salt vegetable stock cube
- Dried mixed herbs or 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 225g Spaghetti
- 50g Cheese, grated
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, carrots and pepper, and sauté for five minutes, until soft.
- STEP 2
Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for a further two minutes, then add the passata and soya mince.
- STEP 3
Crumble the stock cube over the mixture and add the herbs. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the instructions. Drain.
- STEP 5
Chop the spaghetti into short strands, spoon over the Bolognese sauce and sprinkle with cheese.