Bananas make perfect instant baby food and combine well with other types of fruit such as peaches, blueberries and mangoes.They’re easy to digest, unlikely to trigger an allergy and good for the treatment of constipation and diarrhoea.
Babies need more fat in their diet than adults, so don’t use low-fat yogurt.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Makes 1 portion
Not suitable for freezing
• 4 dried apricots, chopped
• 2tbsp mild, full-fat natural yogurt
• 1 medium-size ripe banana, sliced
1. Put the apricots into a pan, cover with 3tbsp cold water, simmer and cook over a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Tip the apricots in a blender, add the yogurt and banana and blend the mixture to a purée.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com