As part of their campaign to encourage a healthy lifestyle for children, McCain, the principal partner of UK Athletics, is giving away hundreds of packs of garden games this summer.
The packs include games based around running, jumping and throwing and provide an introduction to athletics. There are running cones, a stopwatch and jumping sacks while the accompanying website has downloadable charts and certificates for our next generation of Olympic athletes.
I’m a Celeb… star and mum-of-three Sheree Murphy has also joined the campaign. She has these top tips for garden fun this summer:
- Create a mini circuit course in your garden or nearest park using all the Garden Games to vary their activities.
- Get the kids to jump in a sack before running in and out of cones, and don’t forget to join in!
- Invite other mums and children to join you either at the park or in the garden and get everyone involved. Whether it’s a sack race or running against the stopwatch, there will always be something for everyone.
- Kids love playing outside, they just sometimes need a little extra encouragement. For a change of scenery pack a picnic with some treats and head down to the local park to enjoy the outdoors – don’t forget the McCain Garden Games as it gives them something new and fun to play with.
- Add a little bit of competition to help get the kids active and create a family league table. Update it throughout the holidays and reward achievements.
- Finally, enjoy the family time together – that’s what the summer holidays are for!
To win one of the 100 packs of garden games up for grabs visit McCain’s Garden Games website.