Boy saves choking brother

Seven-year-old uses technique seen on TV to save his toddler brother

Cavan Day, 7, from Corsham, Wiltshire, has saved his 2-year-old brother, Ethan, from choking.


When toddler Ethan got a ball stuck in his mouth, Cavan slapped him on the back and saved him from choking. Cavan said he learnt the technique from Casualty, his favourite TV show.

“I saw a scene on Casualty once where someone was choking and I just remembered what to do,” Cavan has said.


Have you children ever surprised you with skills that you’ve no idea they knew? Let us know…

Comments ()

Please read our Chat guidelines.