As well as being half term holidays, next week is National Family Week from 30 May to 5 June. It’s a great chance to spend time as a family and there are thousands of events going on around the country to celebrate.
To discover what’s happening in your local area, head to your neighbourhood for the latest events.
Here’s a taster of the biggest national activities going on during the week.
National Family Week Live in Liverpool is going on all weekend in Chavasse Park. It’s free with entertainment, games, activities and giveaways.
- When: Saturday 4th June 2011 – Sunday 5th June 2011, 11:30 – 18:00
- Where: Liverpool One, Chavasse Park, Liverpool
Hull is celebrating with an inflatable football pitch and other giant outdoor games plus more events happening throughout the city centre.
- When: Saturday 28th May – 10.00am – 4pm
- Where: Hull City Centre
In Barnstaple, there’s the big Picnic In Rock Park, which offers another day of free fun. Just bring along your picnic and enjoy the stalls, local bands and the chance to explore the Search and Rescue helicopter flown in by RAF Chivenor.
- When: Monday 30th May – 11.30am – 4pm
- Where: Rock Park, Barnstaple
Plymouth is having a Sports Day Extravaganza with a bouncy castle, obstical course, football and face painting plus the Devon and Cornwall Fire Service will be there, so little ones can play at being Fireman Sam.
- When: Friday 3rd June – 1pm – 7pm
- Where: Plymouth Hoe, Plymouth