Toddler gets head stuck in portable potty

Firefighters have to cut potty off 2 year old’s head

toddler-gets-head-stuck-in-portable-potty_5478

Toddler Alana O’Connor got her portable potty stuck on her head while she was out shopping with her mum in Mossley, Greater Manchester. Two-year-old Alana has just started potty training and mum Shelley had brought the portable potty with her – in case of accidents.

Advertisement

But as Shelley was paying at the Co-op checkout she heard her daughter start yelling. “I turned round and the potty was stuck on her head,” Shelley told the Tameside Advertiser. “I tried to pull it off, but got nowhere, so then I tried to pull it down, but it got lodged on her shoulders. I was going to take her to accident and emergency, but the checkout woman said I should take her to the fire station. I carried her over and pressed the bell and one of the firemen came out with a big smile on his face. We went in and about six of them gathered round while he cut it off.”

Alana says she has learned the lesson and promised not to do it again. Meanwhile mum Shelley is now calling her “Princess  Potty”. Something to bring up in a few years’ time when Alana brings her first boyfriend home, no doubt.

Advertisement

Has your toddler ever got stuck in something? Let us know below…

Comments

Please read our Chat guidelines.