Tragic marshmallow death alerts parents to dangers of choking

Baby boy dies after suffocating on a marshmallow from a cup of hot chocolate

tragic-marshmallow-death-alerts-parents-to-dangers-of-choking_20113

A seven-month-old baby boy has tragically choked to death after he tried to eat a marshmallow from the top of a cup of hot chocolate.

Advertisement

The baby from St Albans was with his family at the Darcy’s Restaurant, Hertfordshire, when he tragically choked after he ate a marshmallow and it expanded in his throat. After desperate attempts to revive him, the little boy died in hospital.

Choking is a worry for all parents with babies, so check out our first aid for babies guide to find out what to do if your baby starts to choke.

Previously in the news…

Toddler chokes on a lollipop

Boy saves choking brother after watching Casualty

Advertisement

Hotdogs branded a choking hazard

Comments ()

Please read our Chat guidelines.