The Amazon Baby Wishlist: everything you need to know
Amazon has a Baby Wishlist to help you keep track of baby products you want and need. Find out how it works and the benefits available
If you're pregnant or just had a baby and thinking of setting up some kind of online Wishlist to help you keep track of things you need to buy for your new baby, you might want to look into Amazon's Baby Wishlist as one possible option.
It's free to set up and you can choose one free item, from a selection of available products, when you spend your first £20.
Why should I set up an Amazon Baby Wishlist?
An online Wishlist like the Amazon one can definitely help you to keep organised when you're trying to keep track of things you might want to buy in time for your new arrival.
You can browse products, add them to your list or remove them if you don't think they're for you after all.
We particularly like the fact that with the Amazon Baby Wishlist you can see what other parents have bought and what they thought of their purchase (most products have hundreds of reviews) – particularly good if you're splashing out on big times like a buggy, and handy to have that info all in one place.
In addition it's useful that you can share the Wishlist with friends and relatives (like a wedding gift list) so that you don't run the risk of being gifted the same thing twice. You'll get a link and options to share via social media, and email.
Amazon Baby Wishlist members also get offered exclusive discounts which can really help you save money when buying expensive products such as pushchairs and car seats.
Like the sound of this? Head over the the Amazon Baby Wishlist registration page.
Amazon Baby Wishlist Discount
Added: As well as the welcome gift, Amazon is offering a discount on baby products to everyone who creates a baby wishlist. This is definitely something to take advantage of if you're buying a big item, such as a pushchair.
Here's how the discount works:
- Spend at least £200 to save 10% with code LIST10, Amazon Prime members can save 15% with code LIST15.
How do I claim my free gift?
The welcome gifts to choose from are:
- Tommee Tippee Nappy Bin |RRP £29.99
- BabyBjorn Baby Bib in Powder Green | RRP £12
- WaterWipes Baby Wipes (4x60 Pack) | RRP £10.99
- Neal's Yard Remedies Baby Balm | RRP £8.42
- Tommee Tippee Bottle | RRP £7.99
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Countin' Reps Dumbbell | RRP | £13.99
All you have to do to claim your free gift is:
- Create a Baby Wishlist (if you don't already have one).
- Add your chosen gift to your Baby Wishlist.
- Add at least £20 worth of eligible baby products to your Baby Wishlist (excluding nappies, formula, baby food and books). Eligible products are dispatched and sold by Amazon.
- Add your selected products to your shopping basket.
- Proceed to checkout and enter promotional code GIFT21. On the "Review your order" page under "Order Summary" you'll see the promotion has been applied to your total.
- Click "Buy now" to complete the transaction.
How do I register for an Amazon Baby Wishlist?
- Go to the registration page of the Amazon Baby Wishlist
- Provide a few personal details including; name, email address, shipping address and due date (if you're expecting). You can include a co-owner for the list too if you want to share it with someone, such as your partner.
- Answer some quick questions e.g. whether you want to receive news about exclusive discounts, alters when certain items on you Wishlist has been bought or The Amazon Family Newsletter (you can opt out of any of these).
How will the Amazon Wishlist benefit me?
As well as being an easy way to keep track of products you like, and share it with people who might want to buy you things for the baby, having an Amazon baby Wishlist means you:
- Save money with discounts on products
- Get limited time offers
There's also an inspiration section to give you some ideas if you're not sure what you need.
There's a really handy display that shows you how many things from your Wishlist have been bought, as well as whether you've requested gift cards instead, plus a countdown to how many days until your baby arrives.
If it sounds like something you think you'd find useful you can sign up on the registration page.
About the author
Chloe is a Digital Reviews Writer and Coordinator for Immediate Media's Parenting team. She researches and writes articles, recommending the best products for parents, ranging from best sleep aids to best playpens. She has a First-Class Honours Psychology degree where she developed a strong interest in child development.
Chloe is a Digital Reviews Writer and Coordinator for Immediate Media's Parenting team, specialising in household and trying to help parents save money. She researches and writes articles, recommending the best products, ranging from best cordless vacuums to best playpens. She has a First-Class Honours Psychology degree where she developed a strong interest in child development. During her teenage years she worked as a play worker and Brownie volunteer to support children's play.
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.