Black Friday is the sales event of the year and can be a lucrative time to get your hands on some fantastic bargains on pushchairs.
We’ve created this clear guide to everything you need to know about the event and will be bringing you the latest up to date deals available right now on pushchairs that we recommend to parents. We are also tracking the prices of a range of products, so you can be sure that the discount you are getting is genuine.
We have conducted in-depth pushchair reviews on a huge range of models, so you can be sure that we have the most reliable knowledge and recommendations to help you decide. That’s why we have put together an in-depth buyers’ guide to buggies as well as a handy explainer on pushchair wheel types.
Before you buy take a look at our selection of the best pushchairs here:
- Best prams and pushchairs for newborns
- Best travel systems
- Best lightweight pushchairs under 7kg
- Best compact folding pushchairs
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year, Black Friday will take place on Friday 27th November 2020 and should mean a flurry of discounts and slashed prices across a huge range of retailers.
- Traditionally, the event took place largely in stores, with characteristic queues of shoppers waiting for some of the big name brands to open there doors.
- Cyber Monday follows after the Black Friday event and this year will take place on 30th November.
- This year, due to lockdown restrictions, the internet looks set to be the ideal location to access all of the offers and deals available for Black Friday as well as Cyber Monday.
- The deals events taking place so close after Amazon Prime Day means that Autumn 2020 should be the most lucrative time to access the best savings and get all of those gifts in ahead of the Christmas rush.
Best early pushchair Black Friday deals
iCandy Peach Pushchair Bundle – was £1279, now £795
One of the most popular premium pushchair models, the iCandy Peach is a stylish as well as practical choice. Classic features include the one-hand fold mechanism, freestanding folded chassis and two-year warranty. This ‘Terracotta Twill’ coloured bundle contains the chassis, seat unit, elevator adaptors set, carrycot, duo pod footmuff, backpack, car seat adaptors set and a rain covers set, for the one discounted price.
You can read our iCandy Peach review for further insight.
iCandy prices regularly climb past the £1000 mark, but this bundle at Uber Kids is currently available for just £795. That’s a saving of 38%.
Are the pushchair deals on Black Friday worth waiting for?
Black Friday is the main sales event of the year. While products may be discounted at other points in various retailer or brand sales, it is the period when the largest range of products will be available for a reduced price at the same time. Some of the discounts on big-ticket items have also been known to be much bigger than during other offer periods.
In 2019 there was a lot to be excited about. We saw savings across a huge range of products, from pushchair deals to discounts on travel systems and high chairs, including:
- £100 off Bugaboo Fox Pushchair in Navy from Mamas & Papas – £1019
- 50% off Peg Perego Book S Pop Up Modular travel system from Samuel Johnston – £500
- £79.95 off Cybex Sirona S i-Size Car Seat in Urban Black from Natural Baby Shower – £299.95
- £50 off iSafe Mama Highchair – £49.95
As Black Friday 2020 approaches, some retailer have already begun to drop prices with cut-price products available.
However, do remember that some websites may raise the full price of certain products in the week or so directly before Black Friday in order to boast bigger discounts during the event. It’s a good idea to have an idea of how much brands unusually would charge, particularly for higher priced items.
To help you find the best deals, we have been tracking the prices of key products and brands as we get closer to the event. That way you know the offers we bring you will provide genuine savings. We will also only bring you deals on products we recommend, so you can be sure you’re investing in quality as well as getting a great discount.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Deal-hunting can be great fun but it can also feel overwhelming and many websites will try to pressure you to buy quickly from a large range of deals.
To help you cut through the noise, we’ve put together a some simple tips to finding the best deal on the day:
- Have an idea of the RRP before you go in. A deal might look great, but you should have at least a rough understanding of how much the item would usually cost so you know whether this truly is the best deal.
- Know what you’re looking for. If you have a specific purchase in mind, focus on tracking this down first rather than being side-tracked by other offers and missing out on what you really want.
- Balance quality with savings. Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean you should buy it – you’re only saving money if it’s something you will actually use!
- Don’t necessarily expect the latest models to be discounted. While this could be the case in some instances, many brands will use sales events to clear earlier models and make space for the newest range of products.
- Check our list of deals above. We are continuously updating this selection with the best deals only on products we recommend.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
This year, much of the Black Friday discounts will be available online whereas in the past these would have been in-store. This means that although Cyber Monday used to be the obvious choice for digital deals, Black Friday 2020 looks set to be just as lucrative, if not more so.
One thing that is is worth keeping in mind is that stock will be limited. If you see a good deal on a product you have been looking at buying, snap it up while you can as it probably won’t still be there on Monday. Having said that, there is no need to buy something you don’t really want, so if the product you’re hoping for doesn’t get reduced on the Friday, have another look on Cyber Monday in case it is discounted then before paying full price.