Deciding what to buy for your twins in pregnancy doesn’t have to be confusing. While there are some essentials you just can’t do without, there are other baby items that fall into the “very useful” category.
Items that we’ve called “the very useful” are exactly that – they can make life as a mum or dad of twins much easier, but when it comes down to it, they aren’t absolutely vital for all parents. You might decide you can do without these due to financial constraints or because they just don’t fit with your parenting preferences. Or you could see them as real lifesavers that will help you juggle the needs of newborn twins.
Take a look at our checklist to decide for youself which baby products you need to add to your shopping list for your twins. You can also download and print off this checklist for twins, so you can take it with you while shopping.
Baby items that are very useful to have for twins
- Room thermometer, if your baby monitor doesn’t have one
- 2 baby rockers or bouncers, or 1 of each
- 1-2 swings
- Large playmat
Nappy changing and bathing:
- Large changing bag and mat
- Wipes (from 2 weeks)
- Baby nail scissors
- 4-6 flannels/wash cloths
- Nappy bucket if using reusable nappies
- Baby bath or bath support or non-slip bathing mat (1 is fine as it’s difficult to bathe both babies at once)
- Bath thermometer
- 2-3 sleep bras, if you find you need the support
- Twin breastfeeding pillow (if planning to tandem feed)
- Breast pump (single is fine if just for occassional use)
- Breast milk storage containers/bags
- Nipple shields
- Double electric breast pump, if planning to express/combine feed
- Breast milk storage containers/bags, if planning to express/combine feed
- Twin breastfeeding pillow (useful for bottlefeeding two babies at once)