To serve 2 adults and 2 children
- Splash of olive oil
- 10 tbsp minced beef (about 150g)
- 2 small garlic cloves, squished or grated
- 10 tbsp canned black beans (about 150g)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato purée
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 mugfuls of cold water
- Baby-friendly bone broth or salt-free bouillon/stock
For dishing up
- Baby guacamole (mash up some avocado, creamy not lumpy)
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- Pinch of grated cheese
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Brown rice
- If you’re serving this with rice, you can have it boiling away while you’re preparing the chilli, so everything’s ready at once.
- Add chilli and salt to the adults portions if you want more of a kick.
- This freezes beautifully if you fancy a bit of batch-cooking.
Baby recipe book Young Gums by Beth Bentley (Ebury Press, £14.99) is out now.
Images: Haarala Hamilton