Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 125g carrots, peeled and sliced
• 30g unsalted butter
• 200g tomatoes, skinned, deseeded, chopped
• 45g grated Cheddar
• 2 tbsp Annabel Karmel’s Organic Gluten-free Mini Pasta Stars (from Boots)
1. Cook the carrots in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. Warm the butter in a separate pan, and sauté the tomatoes until mushy. Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta stars in boiling water for about 6 minutes, then drain.
4. Mix the cooked carrots with their cooking liquid, then blend to a purée with the cheese and tomato sauce. Stir in the pasta stars.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com