Chicken with butternut squash and grapes
From 6+ months
Chicken combines really well with fruit. You can also make this recipe with sweet potato instead of butternut squash, or apple or pear instead of grapes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 5 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 1tbsp sunflower oil
• 50g (2oz) onion, peeled and chopped
• 100g (4oz) chicken breast, cut into chunks
• 300g (10oz) butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
• 8 seedless grapes, peeled
• 125ml (4½fl oz) unsalted stock
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion until softened.
2. Add the chicken and sauté until sealed, then tip in the butternut squash, grapes and stock. Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes.
3. Purée with a hand-held blender, adding as much cooking liquid as you need for a smooth mixture.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel's recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.