reparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 250g carrots, peeled and sliced
• 225g plaice fillets, skinned
• 2 tbsp milk
• 40g unsalted butter
• 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and chopped
• 40g Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Place the carrots in a steamer over a pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. Alternatively put the carrots in a pan, cover with boiling water and simmer until soft (about 15 minutes).
2. Place the fish in a microwave dish, add the milk, dot with 15g of butter and cover, leaving an air vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes (or until fish flakes with a fork). Or put the fish in a pan, cover with a little milk and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a pan, add the tomatoes and sauté until mushy. Stir
in the cheese until melted. Blend the carrots with the tomato mixture.
4.Remove the fish from its juices and flake, making sure that there are no bones. Mix the fish with the carrots and tomatoes and serve.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com