- 200g rice
- 100g French beans, top and tailed and cut in half
- 130ml water
- 4 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 tbsp base korma sauce
- 2 chicken breast fillets (about 260g)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Curry paste
- For a vegetarian option try using 300g of Quorn fillets – prepare and cook in the same way as the chicken.
- For an even speedier recipe, buy pre-cooked rice so this can just be added at step 9. This will save on washing up too. You’ll need about 500g of cooked rice.
- If you want older children to help, ask them to chop the coriander and French beans using kitchen scissors.
- It’s not advisable to reheat rice, so this isn’t a dish to save for later.
Like this? Try these:
Join the Children’s Food Trust Big Cookathon 2015 and help make it the biggest and best mass cooking event in the country on 6-9 March.