Annabel Karmel's fruity chicken korma
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 1 ½tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ½ Red pepper, diced
- 1 Apple, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 Chicken breasts, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 1 ½tbsp Korma curry paste
- 1tsp Garam masala
- 300ml Coconut milk
- 100ml Chicken stock
- 1 ½tbsp Mango chutney
- 6 Baby corn, sliced on the diagonal
- 50g Frozen peas
- 2tsp Lime juice or lemon juice
- 1tsp Corn flour
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Add the onion and red pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the apple slices and sauté for 2 minutes.
- STEP 2
Add the chicken and stir-fry until sealed. Add the curry paste and garam masala, then the coconut milk, stock, mango chutney and baby corn.
- STEP 3
Bring up to the boil and simmer for three minutes. Add the peas and citrus juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 4
Mix the cornflour with 2tbsp of cold water. Add to the curry and stir until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.