■ 150g macaroni
■ 600ml milk
■ 3tbsp cornflour
■ 75g grated mature Cheddar
■ 75g grated Gruyère
■ 60g grated Parmesan
■ 125g mascarpone
■ ¼tsp Dijon mustard
What to do
1. Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Drain and rinse under a cold tap. Heat 500ml of the milk until just boiling.
2. Mix the cornflour and remaining 100ml milk, and whisk into the hot milk.
3. Cook, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil.
4. Whisk in the cheeses until melted, then whisk in the mascarpone and mustard.
5. Stir in the cooked pasta (season to taste for adults). Transfer to a baking dish. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan and sprinkle over. Grill until golden.