With Take 10 to Play, brought to you with LEGO® DUPLO®, you can discover 10 brilliant 10-minute games to play with your child. Each game is specially designed to boost early learning, and to help you and your child create and connect together – for a smile-filled session of family fun.
This game is great for developing spatial awareness, and understanding the concepts of ‘wide enough’ and ‘tall enough’, key early-maths skills that your child’s teachers will build on in nursery and school. It’s also good for practising fine motor skills – all that bridge building requires lots of careful finger manipulation and hand-eye coordination.
Here’s how to play Under the Bridge
What you’ll need:
- 3 soft toys of different sizes
- LEGO® DUPLO® bricks (such as those in the Deluxe Brick Box)
If you don’t have any LEGO® DUPLO® bricks, you can use building blocks or books
How to play
- Line up your 3 toys
- Help your child to build a bridge from the DUPLO bricks
- Ask your child which toy fits under it?
- Can they make it higher/wider for the other toys?
Extra ways to play Under the Bridge – for extra learning!
- Involve more toys in the game
- Only have 1, 2 or 3 chances to make bridge right size for all the toys
- Make a different bridge for each toy
- Time how quickly your child can build the right-size bridge
- Weight-test the bridge too – put something heavy on it – does it hold?
More great Take 10 to Play ideas for games to play with your child
Vrooom, beep, screech! Rev up the fun with this plunge-and-zoom vehicle-play game that will accelerate your child’s grasp of early-math concepts such as ‘faster’ and ‘slower’, and ‘first’ and ‘last’.
- How to play Roaring Ramps
Knock the socks off those early numeracy skills off with a simple sorting game that’ll help your child find their feet with early maths learning about ‘same’ and ‘different’
- How to play Sock Match