Baby beef and broccoli stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 2tbsp Sesame oil *If you have a family history of nut allergies, use olive oil instead of sesame oil
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ Red or yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 50g Lean minced beef
- 1tbsp Tomato purée
- 40ml Very low salt vegetable stock (made with a quarter of a reduced-salt stock cube and 40ml of hot water)
- STEP 1
Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan and stir fry the onion, carrot, pepper and broccoli for 3 minutes.
- STEP 2
Add the beef mince and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes until the mixture is completely cooked through and soft. If it dries up while cooking, add one tablespoon of water.
- STEP 3
Take off the heat. Mix the tomato puree with the stock and pour into the pan. Mash the mixture into small lumps, or puree for a younger baby. Serve on a bed of rice.