Lamb rice casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- 100g Rice
- 600g Stewing lamb, finely chopped
- Green or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- ¼tsp Allspice
- 250ml Boiling water
- 1tbsp Tomato purée (optional)
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped (optional)
- STEP 1
Put all the ingredients into a casserole dish, making sure they're finely chopped.
- STEP 2
Cover and put in the oven. Bake at 140C (160 fan) / Gas Mark 3, for an hour and a half, checking to make sure that there is enough water as the rice absorbs it and adding a bit more if necessary.
- STEP 3
For 8-12-month-old babies, make sure the ingredients are really finely chopped.