Doing something that’s great for your general well being, such as acupuncture, can be a positive step towards conception and your general health.
Acupuncture is a complementary medicine, and is as much about maintaining good health as it is about ‘fixing’ your body’s problems.
One of the benefits of acupuncture when you’re preparing for pregnancy is that it naturally helps get your body in optimum health and condition.
What are the benefits of acupuncture?
• If your body’s hormonal system is working better, your menstrual cycles should get more regular. Irregular menstrual cycles can often be a factor in slowing up your attempts to conceive
• Balancing your hormones helps maximise fertility because your body will find it easier to emit the combination of hormones needed to release that all-important egg!
• Acupuncture can enhance your body’s circulation – good news for your uterus and for generally improving your health and well being
• The feel-good factor in better general health shouldn’t be underestimated, as stress and feeling rundown can affect fertility and ovulation
• Acupuncture is known in many cases to alleviate conditions like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and some other gynaegological problems like endometriosis