Baby’s new BFF
“Um, ma’am, there is a lemur on your baby,” are 9 words no mum ever expects to hear.
But that’s exactly what American mum Angie Widener was told during a family visit to Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Kansas.
Tiny 9-week-old Finley was resting in her car seat as the family ventured into the lemur enclosure. Her older sisters were busy feeding some of the animals, while Finley pushed up some zzzs.
Angie was then alerted by a laughing stranger who pointed out a new friend who had joined Finley in her car seat. Angie turned around to find a chilled lemur perched on her little one’s head. The lemur even started playing with Finley’s toys.
“The zookeeper assured me [Finley] was safe,” Angie told The Huffington Post. “So my two older daughters and I got a few laughs and took some pictures.”
The dead lizard in the formula that Artilina Castanares exposed on Facebook
There’s something funny in my milk…
An Australian mum got a big surprise when she opened a tub of formula milk powder and found a dead lizard inside.
She’s now taken to social media to demand a product recall.
Artilina Castanares, from Western Sydney, was horrified by her discovery inside the s26 original progress formula milk, which she’d bought from a nearby Coles supermarket.
The mum-of-two said that she first became suspicious of the powdered milk when she noticed a funny smell coming from the tub. After opening it and digging around, she discovered a dead lizard hidden within the powder.
“I squealed and dropped it,” Artilina, 30, told The Sydney Morning Herald. “I was in shock.”
She quickly took to Facebook to warn other mothers about her experience and demanded that the product be recalled by the manufacturers. However, she was told an investigation would take around 6 – 8 weeks.
Questions have also been raised about whether the lizard was foreign, as the s26 original formula is made and packaged in Singapore. It’s not sold in the UK.
What would you pay for a good night’s sleep?
Want your baby to snooze in style like a little billionaire?
Then why not shell out your spare £10 million on the world’s most expensive crib?
This 24-carat gold cot, which is lined in Pima cotton, natural wild silk and embellished with gold yarn embroidery, is the creation of premium baby goods company Suommo and the brainchild of the company’s CEO, Ximo Talamantes.
Believe it or not, the luxurious golden bed is actually part of a line of ‘reasonably priced’ baby accessories, according to Suommo. If you fancy splurging, but don’t have millions, you can buy the cot in regular old white and black varieties for around £10,000.
While it might seem like a high price tag for such a basic necessity, it’s apparently selling well. London is Suommo’s prime market and the company has received a number of orders for the product.
Little Flash Gordon
A miracle baby, who survived being struck by lightning in the womb, has had static hair ever since.
Kimberly Gordon, now 1, was still in her mother’s womb when her parents were struck by a lightning bolt during a rain storm.
Doctors believed that dad Ian Gordon was struck through the ear and that the bolt travelled through mum Kendra Villanueva’s body, finally exiting through her thumb!
The couple was quickly rushed to hospital, where doctors told them that of a recorded 11 pregnant women ever being struck by lightning, only half of the newborns survived. Kendra underwent an emergency C-section and fortunately her baby survived.
Despite Kimberly’s miracle birth, sadly the youngster has suffered some neurological damage and developmental delay as a result of the traumatic experience. But one side effect doctors can’t explain is Kimberly’s static hair – which sticks up constantly and has done so since she was born.
Ian and Kendra, who call their daughter their ‘little Flash Gordon’, told the Metro, “She’s just a kind of play-it-by-ear baby.”
“Everybody we’ve seen says it’s a miracle she’s alive,” they admitted. “Somebody’s definitely watching out for us.”