Halle Berry is definately harnessing that pregnancy 'glow' for all to see and now, according to a recent poll, she's beaten Kate Middleton to the top spot to be named the 'most glowing celeb mum-to-be'.
The recent survey MyVoucherCodes.co.uk has revealed the top ten ‘most glowing’ celebrity mums-to-be according to members of the public, with Halle Berry pipping Kate Middleton and Penelope Cruz to the title.
Those polled were shown pictures of pregnant celebrities and were asked to specify who they thought had the best pregnancy ‘glow’.
According to the study, the top 10 most glowing celebrity mums-to-be as voted by the British public were as follow:
- Halle Berry – 73%
- Kate Middleton – 65%
- Penelope Cruz – 54%
- Frankie Sandford – 48%
- Kim Kardashian – 31%
- Fergie – 27%
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum – 24%
- Lusiana Lopilato – 17%
- Heather Morris – 14%
- Jessica Simpson – 11%
Every pregnant woman wants that famous pregnancy glow, but for lots of women, it can prove elusive. Why not try these top tips for making the most of your skin during pregnancy.
How to get that pregnancy glow...
- Drink lots of water – Making sure you are well hydrated is good for lots of reasons. It will make your skin less tired and less tight. Drink between 8 to 10 glasses of water per day.
- Apply sunscreen – Be sure to slap on sunscreen daily (even in the winter) to avoid skin damage and reduce melasma or “pregnancy mask” symptoms. It's recommend you use at least a factor 15 in your day-to-day regime.
- Moisturise – Remember to moisturise even if your skin becomes more oily. Try an oil-free moisturiser that won’t clog your pores but will hydrate your skin.
- Try tinted moisturiser or light foundation – If your skin is breaking out or oily then use a light foundation or tinted moisturiser. Powder mineral foundation is great for blotting oil and doesn’t clog your pores.
- Make time to snooze – A good night's sleep is key to keeping your skin looking fresh, but in the later stages of pregnancy it can be difficult to sleep well. Try different ways to relax before bed like reading, meditation or get your partner to give you a massage, and you could always try a maternity pillow to help you drift off.
And if all else fails… fake the glow – There are lots of products that can help you get that pregnancy glow. Try light and easy to apply products like bronzers and shimmer powers to give you the glow instantly.
* Survey of 1,487 Britons aged 18 over across the UK
Why this maternity brand from Finland grabbed 2 Golds in a row at the MFM Awards
Find out all about MadeForMums award-winning health and wellbeing brand Lola&Lykke.