Saving money in pregnancy
As you might have heard, babies are rather expensive. Once you factor in nursery furniture, baby equipment, buggy, car seat, nappies and more, the figure really starts to look large. But there’s plenty you can do to bring that figure down to a more afforable amount to start your family:
- Clever ways to save money – 18 nifty tips to help you cut back on costs when you’re expecting a baby.
- Pre-baby shopping checklists – downloadable shopping lists outlining exactly which purchases are essential and those that can wait when preparing for your baby’s arrival.
- Step-by-step buyer’s guides – follow our guides to make sure you buy the perfect products you need, without wasting money on things you don’t.
- Save even more money by buying secondhand – find out what’s safe to get preloved and what you really need to buy brand new.
- Need some inspiration? Check out our real life experiences from a mum and a dad who began budgeting when they saw that positive pregnancy test
Your new mum budget
- Saving money on baby essentials – from the buggy to baby clothes, we look at ways new parents can cut costs.
- How to save money as a new mum – advice on drawing up a budget, finding out about benefits and childcare costs.
If the Christmas season has left a dent in your wallet, January’s a great time to tighten your family’s belt and make your money go further. Being money-savvy doesn’t mean no fun – we’ve found some great ways to save and genius ideas to make extra cash along the way.
- MFM money savers – every single week we round up the best vouchers and offers so you don’t have to shop around:
- What to do with your money – serious investments and safeguarding your family’s future.
- Junior ISAs explained – your children’s savings.