17 spiritual baby names
Whether you're religious or not, these names all have a lovely other-worldly charm...
If you have a strong faith, you might love the idea of giving your little one a spiritual baby name that represents the belief you have.
But even if you don't follow a religion, you may still find these names – from all around the world, and representing many beliefs – really beautiful.
Many of the names here are ethereal and other-worldly, meaning the classic earthly 'boys' and 'girls' labels don't really apply, so we've just featured one list of gender-neutral names.
Take a look and get inspired...
- Angel - Heavenly bodies from many traditions that guard over us
- Alo - American Indian word meaning 'spirit'
- Bodhi - A Sanskrit name meaning 'enlightenment'
- Cullan - A gaelic word meaning 'spirit of God'
- Channon - Meaning 'spiritual light'
- Divinity - Divine nature
- Eden - The garden where man and woman first lived, in Jewish and Christian tradition
- Hari - From ancient Hindu scripture, meaning 'sweetness'
- Mystery - Meaning 'unknown'
- Nevaeh - 'Heaven' backwards
- Prayer - Requests to a greater good for help or thanks
- Sacred - Refers to holy things
- Shaya - Meaning 'God's gift'
- Trinity - In three parts
- Veda - Meaning 'knowledge' or 'wisdom'
- Zen - Meaning 'meditative state' – represents calm and tranquility
- Zion - Meaning 'highest point'
Tara is mum to 1 daughter, Bodhi Rae, and has worked as Content Editor and Social Media Producer at MadeForMums since 2015
Simple ways to help your child learn to be clever with money
Make learning about money simple and fun for your kids with these easy tips.