With Black Friday around the corner, we’re bringing you a taste of some of the offers to come by rounding up all the best car seat deals available right now. All of the car seats we list have been tried and tested by us.
At MadeForMums, we have tested countless child and baby products to bring you honest assessments from real parents. Before you buy take a look at our selection of the best car seats here:
- Best car seats from birth
- Best car seats from 9 months
- Best car seats from 4 years
- Best group 1/2/3 car seats
- Best rotating car seats
It’s worth mentioning that many car seats are available with or without the attachable base, so keep in mind which one you’ll be needing when you’re looking at offers.
Below, we explain everything you need to know about this year’s biggest sale event and share the best car seat deals available now.
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year, Black Friday will take place on Friday 27th November 2020 and should mean a flurry of discounts and slashed prices across a huge range of retailers.
- Traditionally, the event took place largely in stores, with characteristic queues of shoppers waiting for some of the big name brands to open there doors.
- Cyber Monday follows after the Black Friday event and this year will take place on 30th November.
- This year, due to lockdown restrictions, the internet looks set to be the ideal location to access all of the offers and deals available for Black Friday as well as Cyber Monday.
- The deals events taking place so close after Amazon Prime Day means that Autumn 2020 should be the most lucrative time to access the best savings and get all of those gifts in ahead of the Christmas rush.
Best early car seat Black Friday deals
While it may not be Black Friday just yet, there are plenty of exciting car seat deals to be had if you know where to find them. Below, we’ve got some of the best offers you can get your hands on right now:
Recaro Zero 1 Elite i-Size Car Seat – was £495, now £399 – save £96
Our testers thought this was a stylish, premium car seat which was both solid and luxurious. The product combines a removeable infant carrier with an i-size car seat, making it a practical choice. There is an integrated ISOFIX base and we rated it 4.5 out of 5 stars overall.
This car seat is usually £495 but is currently available at Uber Kids for £399, which is a saving of nearly 20%.
Latest deals from trusted retailers
Britax Romer DUALFIX i-Size – was £325 now from £275 – save £50
Our MadeForMums testers were impressed with this safe, easy to fit car seat which allows your child to rear-face until the age of 4. It’s easy to readjust and alter positions and has top safety credentials which is a big tick. We awarded it 4.4 out of 5 stars overall.
The car seat is currently available from as little as £275, depending on the colour selected, at Uber Kids.
Latest deals from trusted retailers
Are the car seat deals on Black Friday worth waiting for?
While you might find deals and discounts on various brands throughout the year, Black Friday has become the key annual date to find some of the biggest discounts on brands across the board, all at the same time.
Last year there were some impressive savings to be had on big names including iCandy, Bugaboo, Tommee Tippee and more. These included everything from strollers to baby food blenders:
- 53% off iCandy Peach Stroller in Phantom/Dove Grey from Kiddies Kingdom – £595
- £60 off Angelcare AC327 Baby Movement Monitor with Sound from Mamas & Papas – £139.99
- 50% off Tommee Tippee Baby Food Blender from Boots – £10.49
- 20% off Silver Cross Wave from Silver Cross – £960
In the run up to the big sales events of 2020, we have seen plenty of warm-ups sales and great bargains to be had. However, in the week or so immediately before Black Friday, be wary of full-price items as retailers have been known to raise ticket prices so that they can boast larger discounts on the big day.
For this reason, we have been keeping an eye on original prices so we can make sure the deals we bring you are offering genuine savings. We are also only sharing deals on car seats we have tested ourselves, so you can be sure you are still getting a quality product.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Black Friday is a great time to find fantastic deals and by accessing online you can hop between shops with the click of a button. While snapping up bargains can be fun, Black Friday and Cyber Monday can be chaotic events and it can be all too easy to get a little lost in what is likely to be a pressure-selling space.
Below, we’ve put together a few simple tips to help you find the best deal:
- Have an idea of the RRP before you go in. A deal might look great, but you should have at least a rough understanding of how much the item would usually cost so you know whether this truly is the best deal.
- Know what you’re looking for. If you have a specific purchase in mind, focus on tracking this down first rather than being side-tracked by other offers and missing out on what you really need.
- Balance quality with savings. Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean you should buy it – you’re only saving money if it’s something you will actually use!
- Don’t necessarily expect the latest models to be discounted. While this could be the case in some instances, many brands will use sales events to clear earlier models and make space for the newest range of products.
- Check our list of deals above. We are continuously updating this selection with the best deals only on products we recommend.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
In previous years, many of the best online deals to be had took place on Cyber Monday, once the chaos of Black Friday had passed.
This year, with so much of Black Friday 2020 set to take place online, it would be smart to get in early and keep an eye on the bargains as stock sells out fast. If you leave it until Cyber Monday to get the product you’ve been hoping for, you might find that it’s sold out by then. If you don’t find what you were looking for on Black Friday, then there’s always a new wave of sales to try the following Monday.