What to buy for school and nursery
Before your child heads off on their first day at nursery or school, check out our guides to the kit they need, from bags and lunchboxes, to uniforms and shoes...
If you haven’t noticed that the new nursery or school year is almost here, you’ve probably been in hibernation. Walk down the high street or head to your supermarket, and you’ll be bombarded with back-to-school marketing every step of the way! So what do you need to buy for your child? We’ve rounded up the best suggestions, for school and nursery, to save you time…
What to buy for children starting nursery
- 10 gorgeous nursery bags – backpacks and satchels that are full of personality and sure to stand out in a sea of nursery children!
- 10 great lunchboxes – the standout lunchboxes and bags currently on the market, sure to make any plain old sandwich feel like an amazing treat.
- 5 cute nursery shoes for girls - footwear that looks great, offers comfort and should allow your child to keep on playing.
- 5 super nursery shoes for boys - stylish, comfy and practical footwear for active nursery kids.
If it’s tips, advice and info you need, our essential guide to starting nursery will help prepare you and your child for that first day at nursery.
What to buy for children starting school
- School uniforms from the high street – what high street favourites, such as John Lewis, Debenhams and Marks & Spencer, have to offer for school.
- School uniforms from the supermarket – the schoolwear you’ll find at Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrisons.
- 5 of our fave school shoes for girls - footwear for girls that looks the part, is comfy and can be done up and undone without any help.
- 5 of our fave school shoes for boys - footwear that's smart, practical and easy for school starters to do up themselves.
- 10 fab school bags – unique, fun bags for children off to school.
- 10 cool school lunchboxes for children – lunchboxes and bags to suit every child’s taste. Even if your child has school dinners, they can use it for morning snacks.
- 10 fun pencil cases - from the sweet to the quirky, these will keep your child's belongings together and add a dose of fun to their preparation for the first day at school.
If it’s advice and tips to prepare your child for their first day at school you need, head to our essential guide to starting school.
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.