What you’ll need:
- A bun tin
- Paper cases
- Piping syringe
- 1 egg
- 80-100ml (3-4 fl.oz) milk
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 80g (3oz) butter
- 80g (3oz) caster sugar
- 200g (8oz) icing sugar
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 icing snowman head decorations
- Edible glitter
Don’t forget to… Preheat the oven to 180°C/ Gas mark 4
Lets get crafty:
1. Put the paper cases in the bun tin.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl, followed by the butter. Using the tips of his fingers, get your toddler to rub the butter and flour together until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Add the sugar, mix it in, then stir in the egg. Then, add enough milk to make the mixture creamy.
4. Put spoonfuls of the mixture into the bun cases and bake for 10-15 minutes until they’re golden brown. Leave to cool down on a wire rack.
5. To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add butter, vanilla extract and a tablespoon of milk. Mix well, then place the mixture into a piping syringe.
6. Pipe the topping onto the cooked cupcakes. Then top with either pre-made snowman faces or make your own using ready-to-roll icing and food colouring.
7. Sprinkle with glitter and then your frosty treats are ready to be showcased at any Christmas party.
For more yummy recipes… why not treat your tot to ‘Christmas Cakes, Cookies & Sweets‘, £7.99, by Top That! Publishing.