You will need:
- A4 paper (you need one piece for one triangle)
- Something to string the triangle on to
- Something to hold the bunting securely in place when up (or leave enough string at either end to securely tie up)
To make the bunting:
- Print out as many triangles as you need to make the desire length of bunting
- Cut out each shape
- Fold the paper back along the dotted line (so the tab is sitting behind the coloured side)
- The grey area shows you roughly where to put the glue on the reverse side – you don’t want to glue the entire tab because you need a space to thread the ribbon or string through to hang the bunting
- If you want the triangles to be spaced apart, you can fold the tab over the ribbon/string and glue the triangle in place on the strand
Be mindful of where and how securely you hang your bunting and that it could be a strangulation/choking hazard. It’s not safe to have it anywhere it could be reached by a child (even by them climbing onto furniture), caught around a child or be pulled on by a child. Make sure it is securely tied or tacked up – you don’t want it falling down and becoming within reach of a child, and ensure there are no dangling ends of string or ribbon for an eager child to grab.
Of course, if you want to avoid lengths of string or ribbon entirely, you can just print out the triangles, cut off the fold-over tab and stick on the wall individually, with pointed edges touching.
This is the ink-friendly printable bunting! Just black ink is required for the outline. As well as using this as white bunting, you could have your toddler or child decorate or colour in the triangle.
Download your printable white paper bunting piece
Printing this option is the fast way to make red bunting, but if you’re keen to save on ink, try the white bunting above, and get your children busy with red paint, markers or crayons.
Download your printable red paper bunting piece
Print with coloured ink for blue bunting in a flash, or just opt for the white bunting above, and have your children colour it in with blue markers, pencils, crayons or paint.
Download your printable blue paper bunting piece