Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
04/07/2013 at 11:48
A couple of weeks ago I met with the Local Panel and on Monday I had a call with the Online Panel, including new members Ducky & Purple Star. Here's a summary of what we discussed and what's coming up:
A few stats / facts
- Since The Mumdrum's launch just over 7 months ago, the site has attracted 45,000 unique visitors and generated nearly 5 million page views, which is a fantastic start. We are seeing the number of unique visitors to the site go up every month and are aiming to grow this number rapidly in the coming months.
- I know some of you have asked about The Mumdrum's position on Google when searching for various baby / parenting topics. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a priority for us, however healthy organic (as opposed to paid) rankings take time to achieve (as an example Google penalises websites that are less than 6 months old), so it's a long term rather than a short term goal for us.
What's gone live in the last 3 months?
- Memory Book Sharing is now live, which means that you can invite close family and friends to keep up with all your child's activities and adventures by accessing their online Memory Book.
- The new TTC Board was launched at the end of May and has generated a good response and some very positive feedback from its members, so is now a permanent addition to the site.
- Our Community Top Tips section kicked off with the addition of a Hospital Bag Must Haves article. If you have a topic that you would like to create a Top Tips article on, just let me know.
- The Mumdrum Blog was launched a couple of weeks ago. We hope to bring you a wide range of current parenting news, interviews and guest posts and will be inviting you to contribute to various blog posts.
- We've also introduced the monthly Mumpreneur feature, showcasing fabulous businesses set up by busy mums.
What's coming up?
- Over the last 3 months we have built mobile versions of The Mumdrum Forums and Memory Books and will shortly start testing them. We are looking for around 15 testers, who use a variety of mobiles & tablets, to help us. If you would like to get involved please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org telling me which mobile & / or tablet you use.
- By popular demand, we've started developing some Pregnancy Memory Books and we are also working on a Baby / Kids Product Reviews section.
- We've recently started some paid advertising on Facebook and Google and will be ramping this up in the coming weeks.
I hope that's useful. Any questions or comments please let me know.
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.