Mediterranean fish stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ Red pepper, finely chopped
- 150g Potato, diced
- 175ml Very low salt vegetable stock
- 500ml Milk
- 200g White fish fillet and/or salmon, cut into chunks
- 50g Sweetcorn
- ½tbsp Parsley (optional), finely chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently sauté the onion, garlic, pepper, carrot and courgette for 5 minutes until soft.
- STEP 2
Add the potato, pour over the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- STEP 3
Pour in the milk, add the fish then bring to a gentle simmer and poach for another 8 minutes, until the fish is cooked and flaky.
- STEP 4
Add the sweetcorn and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through.
- STEP 5
Mix in the fresh parsley and mash the stew to the desired texture.