Cod, sweet potato and sweetcorn chowder
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- 200g Sweet potato (you can use normal potatoes if you prefer), peeled and diced
- 110g Cod fillet/loin/steak, skinless and boneless
- 300ml Milk
- 2 Sprigs of thyme
- 110g Tinned sweetcorn, drained
- A few leaves of parsley
- STEP 1
In a lidded pan, boil or steam the sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another smaller pan gently poach the cod in the milk and thyme for around 8 minutes until the fish breaks into flakes.
- STEP 2
Add the cod mixture, sweetcorn and parsley to the boiled sweet potato and bring back to the boil.
- STEP 3
Mash or blend into a blender or food processor.
- STEP 4
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water to chowder if needed.
- STEP 5
- This thick and tasty chowder can be served as family meal.
- If you don’t have a blender, mash and push through a sieve with a wooden spoon.
Like this? Try these: