Pork and Paprika
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- 150g Lean pork, cut into 1cm pieces
- 75g Carrots, peeled and diced
- 150g Potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ Onion, finely chopped
- ¼ Red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼tsp Paprika
- 100g Reduced salt and sugar baked beans
- 150ml Water
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onions for 5 mins until softened.
- STEP 2
Add the pork and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- STEP 3
Add the vegetables, cook for a further 2 minutes then add the paprika, beans and water. Simmer for 15-20 mins or until the pork and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
- STEP 4
Mash to the desired consistency.
- STEP 5
*Use very low salt pork or vegetable stock instead of water to add extra flavour.