Salmon and butternut squash risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 6
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ Pepper, finely chopped
- 40g Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 200g Risotto rice
- ½tsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1l Very low salt vegetable stock
- 75g Frozen peas
- 400g Cooked salmon, flaked
- 250g Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- STEP 2
Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof casserole dish. Then gently fry the onion, pepper and garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for two minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for another minute.
- STEP 3
Remove from the heat and add the parsley, stock, peas and salmon, stirring well.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, cook the butternut squash in boiling water until tender, then add to the risotto mix. Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- STEP 5
Remove from the oven, uncover and sprinkle cheese over the top, before returning to the oven uncovered for another five minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Serve.