- 750g potato
- 250g tinned skinless and boneless salmon, e.g. wild pink
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 whole medium egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 whole broccoli
- Fishcakes are a great store cupboard basic.
- Substitute tuna for salmon for an alternative and equally delicious option.
- Don’t add too much egg or the mixture will become too wet.
- When making the fishcakes from the mixture, place the finished raw rounds onto a sheet of greaseproof or baking paper so you can easily transfer them.
- Swap fresh parsley and dill for dried variants if easier or preferred.
- These can be made ahead of time and either stored in the fridge or frozen.
- SAFETY FIRST: chop fishcakes into small pieces for your child, and check for hard lumps of fish before feeding.
Like this? Try these: