Seeking inspiration from Mexican Aztec gods, this trend is bursting with colour and clashing prints. Dress your baby bump in this colour popping maxi dress, accessorised with kooky owl earrings and jewel hued flats.
- Johnny Was maxi, £81.60, Blossom Mother and Child.
- Ariculated owl earrings, £8.50, Topshop.
- Annabelle leather purple ballerinas, £25, Oasis.
Nautical but Nice
This age old trend is back again, so dress your blooming shape in stripes and anchors in the all important red, white and blues! This fresh and simple look will keep you feeling and looking cool.
- Blue anchor necklace, £12, Tatty Devine.
- Button sleeve striped tunic, £14,99, New Look maternity.
- Anchor fluke bracelet, £30, Anna Lou of London.
- Navy deck espadrilles, £15, Dorothy Perkins.
- Navy maternity shorts, £65, Faire Dodo, available at Pretty Pregnant.
Tales from the Orient
With numerous nods to the orient on the catwalks, this colourful trend has made its way into the maternity collections, too. Belted wrap dresses complete with kimono style shrugs, spruced up with oriental florals to give your pregnancy look an infusion of Asia.
- Dipdyde watercolour kimono, £38, Topshop.
- Shawl collar dress, £120, Pretty Pregnant.
- Pale pink ballerina flats, £7.99, H&M online.
- Spring bliss necklace, £10.80, Forever 21.
Dig out these earthy colours and experiment with different textures and shapes with this Safari Chic trend. Even if you’re not planning on going on a safari anytime soon, the trend is casual yet stylish – think peg leg chinos, teamed with bump hugging vests and lashings of accessories with cultural references. The more layers, the better!
- Cream fringed waistcoat, £46, Topshop.
- Khaki maternity vest, £12.99, H&M.
- Rose paperbag waist tapered trousers, £42, Topshop maternity.
- Scallop clog shoes, £18, Peacocks.
- Red and black seed bead multi bangle, £14, Warehouse.
Delve into your inner Seventies diva with a ditsy floral jumpsuit, teamed with key accessories such as a floppy hat, frilled chiffon cardi and wooden sandals. The jumpsuit is a comfy alternative to dresses or jeans, and the added accessories will give your look a 2011 update.