Want to make an Easter bonnet but haven’t got a hat to base it on? With this easy-to-make, bunny-themed Easter bonnet, you make the hat first (out of cardboard) and then get going with the decorations.
We’ve got step-by-step instructions to follow, plus a video to watch to make the whole process even easier…
How to make your bunny Easter bonnet from scratch
What you’ll need:
- 6 pipe cleaners
- Tissue paper
- White card
- Black marker pen
- Sticky tape
What to do:
1. On the cardboard, use your pencil to draw a large circle and, within that, a smaller circle. Cut around the outer circle.
2. Now cut around your inner circle outline (you’ll have to ‘stab’ the cardboard to begin this). You will be left with a ring (which forms the brim of the hat) and a disc (which forms the top of the hat).
3. Use your pencil to make 6 holes around the disc, then do the same for the ring.
4. Fasten the disc and the ring together by putting your 6 pipe cleaners through the holes (see below).
5. Make sure each pipe cleaner has gone through a hole on the disc and a hole on the brim, then twist it around to ensure it is secure (see below0.
Your hat should now look like this (see below)…
6. Cover the hat with tissue paper.
7. Tie a loose knot in your ribbon, form the ribbon into a circle, and placing it over and around the brim of the hat. You can then tighten the ribbon once it has been placed correctly, and secure the tissue paper in place.
8. Tuck in tissue paper that passes the brim of the hat, and secure it with the ends of the pipe cleaners.
9. Draw a bunny’s head shape on a piece of white card, and then cut it out. Repeat.
10. Draw bunny features on your bunny heads, using a black marker pen.
12. Use 1 strip of sticky tape to stick a bunny head onto your hat. Repeat with the other bunny head.
- How to make an Easter bunny headband
- Brilliant Easter egg hunt clues for children of all ages
- 5 quick and easy Easter bonnets
- Peter Rabbit Easter egg hunt clues for toddlers
- Cute Easter outfits for babies