Want to make an Easter bonnet but haven’t got a hat to base it on? With this easy-to-make, bunny-themed Easter bonnet, you make the hat first (out of cardboard) and then get going with the decorations.
We’ve got step-by-step instructions to follow, plus a video to make it even easier…
What you’ll need:
6 pipe cleaners
Black marker pen
How to make your bunny Easter bonnet from scratch
1. On the cardboard, use your pencil to draw a large circle and, within that, a smaller circle. Cut around the outer circle.
2. Now cut around your inner circle outline (you’ll have to ‘stab’ the cardboard to begin this). You will be left with a ring (which forms the brim of the hat) and a disc (which forms the top of the hat).
3. Use your pencil to make 6 holes around the disc, then do the same for the ring.
4. Fasten the disc and the ring together by putting your 6 pipe cleaners through the holes.
5. Make sure each pipe cleaner has gone through a hole on the disc and a hole on the brim, then twist it around to ensure it is secure.
Your hat should now look like this (below)…
6. Cover the hat with tissue paper.
7. Secure the tissue paper by tying a loose knot in the ribbon, forming a circle, and placing it over the hat. You can then tighten the ribbon once it has been placed correctly.
8. Tuck in tissue paper that passes the brim of the hat, and secure it with the ends of the pipe cleaners.
9. Draw a bunny’s head shape on a piece of white card, and then cut it out. Repeat.
10. Draw bunny features on your bunny heads, using a black marker pen.
12. Use one strip of clear sticky tape to cover the front of the bunny’s face, then stick it onto your hat. Repeat with the other bunny head.
Sign up to receive our #DailyInspiration newsletter
3 new activities handpicked every day for homeschooling, babies & toddlers
Thanks! You are now signed up to receive our daily ideas newsletter.
Already have an account with us? Sign in to manage your newsletter preferences.