How to make a bunny Easter bonnet when you haven't got a hat
Does your child need an Easter bonnet but you don't have a hat to stick all the Easter decorations on? Follow this easy-to-follow, step-by-step video guide to making a hat from card and tissue paper
Want to make an Easter bonnet but haven't got a hat to base it on? With this easy-to-make, bunny-themed Easter bonnet, you make the hat first (out of cardboard) and then get going with the decorations.
We've got step-by-step instructions to follow, plus a video to watch to make the whole process even easier...
How to make a bunny Easter bonnet from scratch, step by step
What you’ll need:
- 6 pipe cleaners
- Tissue paper
- White card
- Black marker pen
- Sticky tape
What to do:
1. Take the the cardboard and use your pencil to draw a large circle and, within that, a smaller circle. Cut around the outer circle.
2. Now cut around your inner circle outline (you'll have to 'stab' the cardboard to begin this). You will be left with a hollow ring (which forms the brim of the hat) and a solid disc (which forms the top of the hat).
3. Use your pencil to make 6 holes around the disc, then do the same for the ring.
4. Fasten the disc and the ring together by putting your 6 pipe cleaners through the holes (see below).
5. Make sure each pipe cleaner has gone through a hole on the disc and a hole on the brim, then twist it around to ensure it is secure (see below).
Your hat should now look like this (see below)…
6. Cover the hat with tissue paper.
7. Tie a loose knot in your ribbon, form the ribbon into a circle, and place it over and around the brim of the hat. You can then tighten the ribbon to secure the tissue paper in place.
8. Tuck in any tissue paper that passes the brim of the hat, and secure it with the ends of the pipe cleaners.
9. Draw a bunny's head shape on a piece of white card, and then cut it out. Repeat, so you have 2 bunny heads.
10. Draw bunny features on your bunny heads, using a black marker pen.
11. Use 1 strip of sticky tape to stick a bunny head onto your hat. Repeat with the other bunny head.
Simple ways to help your child learn to be clever with money
Make learning about money simple and fun for your kids with these easy tips.