These ultra simple bunny ears are perfect for a last-minute Easter costume, and you can see how to put them together in our step-by-step video (also above).
The ears can be completed in just a few minutes – so these really are the ultimate easy Easter make!
What you’ll need:
- MPVA glue
- Grey and pink felt or fabric
- A grey hairband (we found ours in a pound shop)
- Our video tutorial
How to make it
1. Outline 2 rabbit ear shapes on the card, then cut them out.
2. Fold the grey felt in half to make a double layer, then cut around the cardboard ear shapes, leaving 1cm around all the edges.
3. Cut out inner ear shapes from the pink felt or fabric, using the card ear shapes as a guide.
4. Cover the card ear shapes with glue and stick each between two grey felt pieces, making sure to leave the bottom 1cm of the felt unstuck.
5. Stick the pink inner ear shapes to the grey felt ears.
6. Open out the bottom of the grey felt ears and coat the inside with glue.
7. Take the headband and stick the felt ears to it, first gluing down the back piece of felt, then folding the front piece back over it.
8. Leave to dry… and voila! One set of Easter bunny ears! Just add grey top and trousers (or maybe a cute fluffy onesie), and your child’s costume is complete.