Fancy making some Easter baskets to put little Easter treats in for friends or family members? Our downloadable (and free!) Easter basket templates are just what you need: simply print them out to get started. Plus, this is a brilliant Easter craft to do with the kids.
We’ve got 3 coloured Easter basket printable template options and one black and white option – great if you don’t have coloured ink in your printer – and perfect for your child to colour in themselves. All in all they make a great homemade Easter gift for the grandparents or other relatives.
You can print the templates onto A4 paper and stick them onto card to reinforce them. You’ll need some good quality glue to put them together.
And if you’re worried about how to make them – don’t be. One of the mums in our Facebook community, Claire H, has put together a helpful step-by-step guide so you can create them really easily.
Once they’re made, fill them with Easter treats like little chocolate eggs or chicks and hand them out.
Make homemade Easter baskets with our free downloadable Easter basket templates: choose one then follow our step-by-step guide (WITH PICTURES)
Easter basket templates
1. Bunnies and chickens Easter basket template
Best for those with a colour printer, this Easter basket features a basket weave look, thin pink edge and cute bunny and chick ribbon design.
2. Chicks and eggs Easter basket template
Another basket designed for the colour printer, the chicken Easter basket features a basket weave background, thin green edge and sweet chickens (hatched and in eggs) on the “ribbon” .
3. Easter egg basket template
Best for colour printing, this basket features a basket weave look, thin purple edge and blue, green and pink spotty eggs along the band.
4. Chicks Easter basket template to colour in
Ideal for black-ink only printers and those after a craft project! The decorate-your-own basket has a blank background to take any design, glitter or colour, plus a little chick on each side to colour in.
Step-by-step guide to making your Easter basket
You will need:
- one of our Easter basket templates, printed out
- bows (optional)
- fairy lights (optional)
- shredded tissue paper (optional)
- mini Easter eggs and bunnies to fill the basket with once made.
- Print and cut around your chosen Easter basket template. There will be 2 parts – the basket and the handle. Glue the 2 parts, with a fair space in between, onto good quality card to reinforce it. If you’re using the black and white template, it’s probably easier to get your child to colour it in before you do anything else.
2. Cut around the basket and handle once they’re glued firmly onto the card, following the solid black lines. Make folds (as neatly and as straight as possible) wherever you see the dotted lines.
3. Every other side of the flat basket will have a folded flap that needs to be tucked neatly behind the adjacent side and glued. Put glue on the patterned side of the flap and fold inwards with the dotted line neatly lined up with the opposite edge. Press firmly to make sure it stays in place and do it with every flap.
4. Once your sides are glued and you have your basket shape, it’s time to attach the handle. Make an inward fold of about 5cm from each edge. Then glue the folded piece on the patterned side. Stick one of the folded flaps inside the basket, making sure the handle stands at a right-angle with the edge of the basket.
Then bend the handle round (the patterned side should be on the outside) and glue the second flap (again, put the glue on the patterned side) firmly inside the other side of the basket.
5. Once the handle is in place, if you like you can add extra decorations to the basket, like bows, flowers, bunnies or chicks for an extra Easter vibe.
6. When your baskets are finished, you can fill them will all things Easter! Layer them with a little shredded tissue paper for extra effect, then pop in packets of chocolate eggs, Easter bunny treats or anything else to make them seasonal.
If you’ve made a few, you could create a little display like the one above, using egg fairy lights to use as an Easter tableaux.
Accessories and treats for your Easter baskets