This colourful Easter bonnet makes a very festive Easter accessory, is easy to make and the base can be re-created for dress-up days and most of the holidays kids love. All you’d have to do is alter the decoration.
The bonnet can be made in 5 minutes – so it’s certainly a time-saving crafting idea for the Easter holidays…
What you’ll need:
Colourful tissue paper
6 pipe cleaners
Black marker pen
How to make it
1. Outline a large circle, and within that a smaller circle, on the cardboard using a pencil. Cut around the outer circle.
2. Once you have a cardboard circle, cut around your inner circle outline. You will be left with a ring (which forms the brim of the hat) and a disc (which forms the top of the hat).
3. Make 6 holes around the disc, then do the same for the ring.
4. Fasten the disc and the ring together by putting your six pipe cleaners through the holes.
5. Make sure the pipe cleaner has gone through both holes, then twist it around to ensure it is secure…
Your hat should now look like this…
6. Cover the hat with tissue paper.
7.Secure the tissue paper by tying a loose knot in the ribbon, forming a circle, and placing it over the hat. You can then tighten the ribbon once it has been placed correctly.
8. Tuck in tissue paper that passes the brim of the hat, and secure it with the ends of the pipe cleaners.
9. Now the hat base is complete, you can decorate it however you’d like – though we do like these simple bunny designs…
10. Trace a bunny’s head shape on a piece of white cardboard, and then cut around the lines.
11. Repeat this step once more. Draw bunny features using a black marker pen.
12. Use one strip of clear sellotape to cover the front of the bunny’s face, then stick onto the side of the hat.