Disney is offering fans the chance access a Disney+ free 7 day trial to test out the new streaming subscription service.
Disney+ finally went live in the UK on 24 March 2020, bringing together big movies and new TV series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
Disney+ launched in America in November 2019 and apparently more than 10 million people signed up in just over a day, even though it’s competing against Netflix and Amazon Prime. Now, the service is live in the UK and European countries and is proving popular with its abundance of family-friendly content.
How to get a free 7 day trial UK
If you want to test out the service before you pay, you can now get a Disney+ 7 day free trial through the website.
What are some of the Disney Plus TV shows and films?
The Walt Disney Company produces 8-10 mega budget films a year and launched Disney+ with a host of original projects, alongside 7500 TV shows and its best-loved classics for both adults and kids. Shows include:
- A live action remake of Disney’s 1955 animated classic, Lady and the Tramp.
- Anna Kendrick starring as Father Christmas’ daughter, Noelle Kringle, in new festive comedy, Noelle.
- The voice star of Frozen, Kristen Bell, has a new reality series called Encore, in which former cast-mates of a NYU theatre school production reunite for a new performance of the same musical.
- 30 seasons of The Simpsons.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series will be set in the original High School Musical school where students put on a stage version of the film.
- A National Geographic series called The World According to Jeff Goldblum.
- A Monsters Inc sequel series Monsters at Work.
- A Lizzie McGuire sequel series, starring Hilary Duff.
- Diary of a Female President, a series following a 12-year-old Cuban-American girl’s plans to become US president.
- Documentary One Day at Disney where each episode looks into the role of a Disney employee.
- Remakes of Home Alone, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Cheaper by the Dozen and Night at the Museum.
What Toy Story Disney Plus TV shows are available?
- Forky Asks a Question, a new Toy Story series about new character, Forky.
- Lamp Life is an animated short which details the adventures of Bo Peep during the events of Toy Story 3.
What Marvel Disney Plus TV shows are available?
A number of Marvel TV shows are expected to be joining the service including:
- Ms Marvel
- Moon Knight
- The Falcon
- Winter Soldier
- What If…?.
What Star Wars Disney Plus shows are available?
- The Mandalorian, set between episodes VI and VII.
- A prequel series to Star Wars Rogue One, based around the character Cassian Andor.
- A seventh season of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- An Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars series, starring Ewan McGregor as the main Jedi Knight.
How many Disney Plus accounts can you have?
You can add up to seven profiles on one subscription and can watch Disney+ on four screens at the same time. This makes it particularly useful for families with multiple devices.
How much is Disney Plus UK?
A Disney+ subscription costs £5.99 per month in the UK, or £59.99 for a full year. You can also get an additional 7 day free trial period to test out the new platform.
Is Disney+ worth it?
You might be wondering whether Disney+ is worth the money. As an idea, Netflix’s standard subscription cost is £5.99 per month, which is the same as Disney+. However, with your Disney+ subscription you can watch on four screens at once, whereas Netflix only allows one at a time.
If you want to watch on four screens with Netflix you’d have to pay a premium price of £11.99 per month, which brings the cost to more than Disney+ is currently charging.
In terms of content, Netflix has proven itself to be a top-quality creator of hit shows and films suitable for a wide range of audiences, with plenty for parents to enjoy as well.
For fans of Star Wars, Disney+ boasts The Mandalorian series is really the only show on the new platform which has been getting great attention. However, that’s most likely down to the fact that their other originals are aimed more towards children and teens, for example the High School Musical series and Toy Story spin-offs.
For kids and family content, Disney+ has a good crop of new content including from the Marvel universe and also has a back-catalogue of all the family favourites Disney is known and loved for.
On balance, Disney+ seems like a service kids will particularly enjoy and would be a good option for families to watch together. Even if you can’t manage to get everyone to agree, everyone can watch their own choice simultaneously on separate screens without having to pay an additional premium.
How do I watch Disney Plus?
You can stream Disney+ on your browser and download the Disney+ App on a range of platforms including:
- iOS devices and Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices
- Roku sticks and TVs
- Android phones and TVs
- PS4 and Sony TVs
How to get Disney Plus UK?
To get Disney+ in the UK you simply sign up on the website, which you can access here.
What happens if I’m a DisneyLife subscriber?
You may already be subscribed to Disney’s existing subscription, Disney life. If this is the case, don’t worry! Disney recently confirmed that DisneyLife will merge with Disney+ to become one platform.