Whether it’s your first time doing the back to school shop or you’re a last-minute-uniform-dash veteran, it pays to be prepared ?
And our back to school school uniform checklist includes everything you’ll need to keep them kitted out for the whole of the school year.
Firstly, some top tips for uniform buying…
- Check your school’s uniform list. If your child’s school hasn’t sent you a school uniform list (or it’s mysteriously gone missing) then don’t panic. You can usually find one on the school’s website.
- Shop online where you can. Being dragged around the shops looking for polo shirts during the school holidays can feel like punishment for them and is no fun for you!
- When thinking about how much uniform to buy factor in how many loads of washing you do a week. You can get away with less if you plan to wash more.
Check out the ultimate back to school shopping checklist below…
- 3 – 5 jumpers, cardigans or sweatshirts
- 3 – 5 shirts or polo shirts
- 3 – 4 trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafores
- 4 – 5 pairs of socks
- School shoes
- Summer hat
- Woolly hat and gloves
- Tie (for some schools only)
- Blazer (for some schools only)
- Fleece (for some schools only)
- Gym bag
- Swimming costume (for some schools only)
- Towel (for some schools only)
- Other sports kit (for some schools only)
- Book bag
- Lunchbox or bag
- Drinks bottle
- Name labels and stickers (or use a permanent marker on the label, but bear in mind it might wash out!)
- Pencil case with pencil, pen, ruler, pencil sharpener and rubber
- Music bag
- Musical instrument
Images: Getty Images/product websites