For many of us, getting pregnant and having a baby means you’re trying to get by on a smaller income – with more demands on your cash.
But there are ways to cut your spending whhile still enjoying quality family time.
Around 66% of mums say they’re trying to make less money go further. Try these five tips for surviving the credit crunch:
- Schedule in a weekly FREE family outing. It might be a trip to the park to kick your way through the autumn leaves, make bark rubbings or spot signs of spring for a collage when you get home. Or make a visit to a museum or art gallery – take a picnic lunch and a flask of coffee to avoid costly snack stops.
- Freeze leftovers or use them as the basis for another meal. Stir cooked vegetables into a bowl of noodles or rice. Use roast chicken in a quick-cook risotto or homemade soup.
- Organise a toy swap with your friends’ children to save money buying new and prevent boredom.
- Look out for online voucher offers and shop online – you can compare prices and won’t be distracted by items you don’t really need.
- Use rainy days to make greetings cards with your child and decorate wrapping paper.