Sleepless nights are often cited as a maddening downside of looking after a baby, but according to new data, savvy mums and dads are putting the wee small hours to good use by stocking up on baby supplies.
Online emporium Amazon has revealed that sales of baby products on the site have increased by a massive 78% between the hours of midnight and 6am.
Traditionally a slow time for online retail, the early-hours boom has been attributed to sleep deprived parents stocking up on essentials for their tots.
Amazon’s Baby Store has compiled a list of the bestselling products within this timeframe for the last twelve months, with disposable nursing pads coming out on top, and unsurprisingly top 10 entries including a Sleep Trainer and Blackout Blind.
The top ten bestselling Baby Store products purchased between midnight and 6am are:
1. Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads
2. Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes
3. Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
4. Tomy Hide ‘n’ Squeak Eggs
5. Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
6. Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack
7. Tommee Tippee Sangenic Compatible Cassette
8. Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
9. Tomy Octopals Bath Toy
10. Philips AVENT Advanced Feeding Bottles
Incidentally, the three most downloaded Kindle Books in the small hours were the Fifty Shades trilogy, a choice of reading material that may not exactly lead to a full eight hours of restful slumber either!