Best apps for mums
Find the best apps for your busy lifestyle
- Your M&S: this app lets you purchase anything from Marks and Spencer wherever you are.
- Sainsbury's: offers meal plans, recipes and shopping lists plus exclusive bonus points.
- Ixpenselt: this app is like a mini-accountant, designed to help you manage your budget.
- Night night!: a soothing animated bedtime story, share this app with your little one.
- Weetwoo: offers child-safe videos in easy-to-use playlists. Hosted by Youtube, children can choose videos from set categories and age ranges.
- Voucher Cloud: has great deals, particularly for restaurants. It tells you the location of nearby participating restaurants. FREE from itunes.com.
- Family Quests: is a virtual reward chart that you can personalise with photos. My 4-year-old loved it - he insisted mum and dad set one up too! FREE from itunes.com.
- Peppa Pig Happy Mrs Chicken: includes four interactive games and a reward sticker book, plus all the familiar music and sound effects from the TV show.
- The Tesco app: is great for doing all or part of your shopping while you are out and about. FREE from tesco.com/apps.
- Ocado: start the weekly shop.
- Disney Fairies Fly Lite: lets your little girl fly with Tinkerbell through Never Land and discover a world of adventure and fun. Simply tilt your iPhone to guide your fairy and collect Pixie Dust.
- My Fitness Pal: will kick start your weight-loss plans. Diet with friends using the community feature and track your calorie-intake and exercise achievements wherever you are.
- National Rail: helps check the train times on your phone.
- NCP app: will find you a parking space.
- NCT Baby Change: you can find the nearest baby-changing facilities with this app, which also rates the facilities using feedback from other mums.
- Barclays Pingit: is great if you've had lunch with a friend and need to split the bill - you can transfer your share direct to your friend's bank account.
Make sure you have data included in your plan. Three offers ALL You Can Eat data, so you have unlimited internet use. See store-3.co.uk.
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.